The payment of Zakat becomes obligatory on every sane and mature Muslim and Muslimah whenever there is an economic activity resulting in the net increase in their wealth.
In the Islamic state, it is the responsibility of the state to collect and distribute Zakat. The Quran says, “Take alms of their wealth and make them pure and clean”
The Prophet says: I have been commanded to collect zakat from the rich among you and distribute it to the poor among you.
In case an Islamic society does not exist or in a non-Islamic society, the local organization of the Muslims should make arrangements for the collection and distribution of Zakat. Wherever such arrangements exist, every Muslim is required to pay Zakat to this organization and conform to the rates and the amount of Nisab decided by the organization.
Allah has made Zakat one of the pillars of Islam and has often mentioned it in the Quran immediately after the Prayer, saying, “And performs Prayer and gives Alms “.
The Prophet said, “Islam has been built on five pillars: testifying that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, performing the prayers, paying the Zakat, making the pilgrimage to the House (Hajj), and fasting in Ramadan” (Bukhari, Muslim).
Allah has warned those who do not give Zakat that they will face dire consequence. He says, “O you who believe! Verily, there are many of the rabbis and the monks who devour the wealth of mankind in falsehood, and hinder (them) from the way of Allah. And those who hoard up gold and silver, and spend it not in the Way of Allah announce unto them a painful torment (Quran 9:34).
You can now pay your zakat via our branch counter for the comfort of your life.
- Pusat Pungutan Zakat Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur (PPZ-MAIWP)
- Pusat Pungutan Zakat Wilayah Persekutuan Putrajaya (PPZ-MAIWP)
- Pusat Pungutan Zakat Wilayah Persekutuan Labuan (PPZ-MAIWP)
- Lembaga Zakat Selangor (LZS-MAIS)
- Pusat Kutipan Zakat Pahang (PKZ)
- Pusat Zakat Melaka (PZM)
- Pusat Zakat Negeri Sembilan (PZNS)
- Tabung Baitulmal Sarawak
- Pusat Zakat Sabah (PZS)
- Jabatan Zakat Negeri Kedah
- Majlis Agama Islam Negeri Johor
- Majlis Agama Islam Dan Adat Melayu Perak
- Majlis Agama Islam Dan Adat Melayu Terengganu
- Majlis Agama Islam Kelantan